• Cost-Of-Living Adjustments are voted on annually and if granted, are effective
in the July pension check.
• Affidavits are mailed annually with your July pension check and must be returned
to our office, signed and notarized, by August 31. The affidavits are sent to ensure
that the proper person is actually receiving the pension and that the retiree is still
Failure to returned your completed affidavit will result in the interruption of
• Your IRS 1099 forms will be mailed to you by January 31st each year.
• There are limitations for those retirees who return to work in a Commonwealth of
Massachusetts position after retirement. You cannot work more than 960 hours in
a calendar year, and in the first year you are retired, you cannot earn more than
the difference between your exit base salary and your pension. Thereafter you
cannot earn more than the difference between your exit base salary and your
pension plus $15,000.
• Health insurance questions should be directed to your former employer. BCRB
deducts from your pension the health insurance premium set by your former
employer as a convenience to you and your employer. BCRB does not administer
your health insurance plan.
• Your BCRB pension is Federally taxable but not state taxable in Massachusetts.
• Let us know if you change: your bank or bank account number, your address,
your marital status (married, divorced or widowed)
January 29, 2016
February 29, 2016
March 31, 2016
April 29, 2016
September 30, 2016
October 31, 2016
November 30, 2016
December 30, 2016
May 31, 2016
June 30, 2016
July 29, 2016
August 31, 2016